I look back to September when I still had the whole I hate to workout attitude. Then I look at myself today and I LOVE my workouts, i feel horrible days I don't workout and I wanted too. Its odd because I never would have thought I would have ever been this person. For me I found functional strength, it wasn't just picking up/putting down weights it was about having strength to do simple tasks and not fall apart as I got older. I didnt want to be the person who couldn't open a jar of pickles or not being able to protect myself or my family if I needed.
- I can punch and feel powerful,
- I can pick things up that should be heavy, hell I can pick up a 50lb sand bag flip it over (without putting it down) and place it on a shelf. I can pick up 30lbs+ in each hand and walk over 90 feet (multiple times)
- I can hold a v sit up and plank with confidence
- I can run with my kids and not feel winded I could even catch them if I needed to.
- I can walk around NYC with a 40 lbs child on my shoulder through Times Square.
- I can pull a sled with over 100lbs and run up an incline with it.
I might not be my perfect size or weight and I might not look the way I want but I am strong, my jeans are loser, my core is tighter (no more muffin top here) and I am proud!